And All The Rest...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Melting My Stone Heart

Feeling Slightly down I posted this poem in my writing group, a dear fiend of mine responded with the poem that will follow. He's an amazing person and it melted my heart.

Jade among Diamonds


It hurts my heart
to see her so radient
and wish that i could be
so beautiful
so special
but like my name I remain a semi precious stone
a rock amongs diamonds
and their hardness saves them while wind and dust turn me dull
for how I wish to be beautiful
to be lovely
my fairy tale was just a lie
and I feel hallowed and dejected
and I wonder if Ill ever be
precious to anyone.

The Envy of Kings

Did you know that war was waged over you?
That your semi-precious face
Has been the envy of kings?
...
Did you know...
That your value is above that of diamonds?
Yes diamonds...
Which are so many that many do not even shine...
They are bound by their very necessity to be something...
Everything shines through them...
And that is what they emulate.

But you!
You who are "semi-precious!"
You have been given the choice--
The birthright and the ability...
To reflect...
You have been shined
-Thou beautiful green miracle-
And your life is your choice
To reflect and give light of your own color...

And one day...
Oh, one day, I promise!
A king will cradle you
-In and on his crown and pedestal-
For you are the envy of Kings

No comments:

Post a Comment