And All The Rest...

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Who am I? A "This is what we're writing" Group Challenge.

I am the once was of a radiant ginger child
who built a fortress of imagination around herself
and dreamed of catching the stars

I am the porcelain doll I once feared
With a painted smile and glassy eyes
the scar of a heart stitched on my sleeve
wire shoulders snapped by the weight of the world

Sometimes I cry myself to sleep
For I fear that who I am..
Is eternally broken.
I am broken.

I am a creation of the Lord Almighty
and I shamefully fear his purpose
for who I am meant to be.

I am uncertain of who I am.
A blank page whipping around in a rain storm.
As droplets of ink rain down a million identities
They bleed into my entity, a blurred complexion.

I am hideous until I make myself beautiful.
weak until I make myself strong.
broken until I say otherwise
and Damned without the hand of grace.

All that I am is nothing other than what I have called myself to be.
I thirst for self hatred and drink myself to perfection.

You see a smile?
It was composed by a broken heart.
You read my words?
They drip through my waste.
You hear laughter?
It is the bitter after taste of my tears.

I am the girl who breaks her own wings.
To remind herself how much she loves flying.

I am ultimately a failure.
But that's OK.
Because my faults push me.
I am a broken girl with a sunset in her future
and I hope that when I melt away
My colors will paint a beautiful story on the sidewalk.
Forever there for the world to see.

1 comment:

  1. "Who You Are Through My Eyes" (with apologies^)

    You are still radiant... inside and out. And you rule your fortress of imagination with stars in your pockets.

    You are what you once feared because what you once feared is who you are. A porcelain doll... with a porcelain heart that is as beautiful as the SUN! And the cracks you find in your fraile porcelain skin are but windows through which you sun shines through.
    "A dry eye goes with a dead soul." So that makes crying okay. Let your tears cleanse you
    as they find sheltering solace in your pillow.
    Broken is beautiful! Don't forget that! "Hearts were made whole just too break..." Remember? So that a greater beauty is revealed in the mess of you.
    You have a purpose. And you shouldn't run from it. You are a princess. The daughter of THE King! What is there to fear? His plans for you are great. Fear them no longer, love.
    Find who you really are and embrace it.
    You ARE beautiful. You are strong. And though you may be broken... you are blessed!
    All that you are is all that you mnake yourself too be... and that is everything. Just change what you thirst for. Instead of self-hatred, thirst for LOVE.
    When I see your smile, I see light.
    When I read your words, I read you. Not your waste by-product.
    And though I haven't heard you laugh in years, I imagine it would sound as genuine as tear soaked bells.
    Stretch your wings. Stop breaking them, silly. If you love flying then fly and stop being your own worst enemy.
    YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! AND I BETTER NEVER SEE THOSE WORDS ON YOUR BLOG AGAIN EVER!!!
    You may have faults... but so does everyone else. And they should push you.
    Your sunset is now. Look too your west.]
    And when you do depart... You're story will undoubtedly remain. If you let it.
    P.S. If you stop breaking your wings, crazybeautiful girl, you could fly away instead of doing the whole melting thing;)

    I Love You!

    ReplyDelete