And All The Rest...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

When This Small Town Hipster Girl Writes A Poem :)


My Achilles Tendon

My Achilles tendon is my heart

Resting bare and vulnerable on my shoulders

I carry its weight through every trial

The devil set it strategically against my reason

It bleeds at a soft rain

A clouds cry mimics tears, striking its tender skin

In the image of a child, naive and absorbent

Taking on even the softest burden whispered

Baby butterfly kisses on my conscience

I see the light in everything

And it blinds me to the darkness at my throat

But when the flame flickers out…

I’ll be left hanging to the world by a rope

Tell me you love me, and I’ll run with that promise to the edge of the world

When I reach this plummet there will be nothing left to do but jump

I only hope my faith bursts into soft wings

And carries me away to a place where there is no false hope

This is my nirvana
A place where love is not soft-spoken

And I can learn to trust my heart again.

No comments:

Post a Comment